I was hired by ID Vision Films II as sound mixer for a 90 min long documentary. My main responsibilities were:
- Organizing Pro Tools session
- Solving phasing issues (due to lavalier & shotgun)
- Cleaning (buzz, hum, wind, scratching, clipping…)
- Dialogue loudness level matching
- Fade-ins & outs
- Foley for few scenes (minor sounds were missing, I did it as a bonus)
- Delivering a final stereo mix with separate tracks (dialogue, dialogue-compressed, music&effects, mono mix, mono mix-dialogue compressed, stereo mix, stereo mix-dialogue compressed)
- Delivering a 5.1 surround mix (done at Recording Arts Canada, with Simon Jodoin)
Final products had to be in accordance with yesTV’s loudness standards. This film was produced thanks to the participation of CMF, yesTV, SODEC and Government of Canada.
Mental States was an Official Selection at Manhattan Film Festival (2019) and winner of Award of Excellence at Impact Docs (2019).
Other documentaries I mixed: Angèle en quatre temps (Sound Mixer For Feature Documentary), Me the People (Sound Mixer for Feature Documentary), Puissance au Menu (Sound Mixer for TV Series).